Verse of the week

"For whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."- 1 Corinthians 10:31

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Orecchiette with Swedish Meatballs

I have heard the glory of IKEA Swedish meatballs time and again  but not being a red meat eater,i could never taste one.Also i am kinda picky about meatballs.Yes i would like an Asian inspired meatballs 'may' be but its not something i get excited about eating.Googling around,i finally decided to give this Swedish Meatballs recipe a try for dinner.


I had to  customize it a little for my family and improvise it with what i had in my pantry.
I used ground chicken.I do not know how much pound it was,a small pack of whatever size comes in my grocery store.


Also rest of the ingredient were eyeballed.(Yeah i am averse to measurement,if you haven't guessed it yet) . I did add pinch of mustard in mine.I used only half of onions and 2 slices of bread soaked in milk for the amount of chicken i had .I also forgot to brown the onion in butter,so i just added it raw,finely chopped.I didn't had stock in hand,so i used plain water..i know it all sounds sorta gibberish,since i am not giving for how much chicken i used.It made,i would say 2 dozen,ping pong ball size meatballs i think...numbers and size are my wise guesses..i wasn't counting..I froze half for later.


Swedish Meatballs


I don't usually get anxious about cooking but this one i wasn't sure how its gonna turn out to be..i didn't had a backup plan...we live too far for pizza delivary too !Verdict was in dinner time.My husband LOVED it.Loved the sauce,loved the meatballs !Successfully added for future remake.
I served it with Orecchiette since we couldn't find  Lingonberry jelly as its traditionally served with :-)


Orecchiette with Veggies
Nothing unusual here,just get whatever brand of Orecchiette ,you get.This time i got 'Rao's brand from my local grocery store and it looked and tasted  so much more homemade then factory made,not that i don't like other..Orecchiette in Italian means "little ears".Look closely,don't they look like little ears.
As far as preparation goes,I sauted some chopped  onions,aspargus  in olive oil.Added some Oil soaked Sun drid tomatos and tossed the boiled pasta to it.Season with salt,pepper to your taste.
You can obiviousely add veggies of your choice.My other fav veggies for  pasta is Broccoli, Zucchini, Artichokes, Cherry tomatos!And i am not too lazy,i blend Artichokes and Sun dried  tomatoes in blender and then toss it  with pasta and other veggies.


Orecchiette tossed in veggies


                                                                Up close and personal !

1 comment:

  1. Do we have any thing similar to Orecchiette in india?

    ReplyDelete

comment