Verse of the week

"For whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."- 1 Corinthians 10:31

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bacon Mac & Cheese

Mac & Cheese is short for (Marconi and cheese).It is  most likely on the the top of quintessential  American grub.For many its a classic comfort food.To many,i am guessing from what i hear,brings the childhood  memory.And to some it reminds them of their college days,only next to Ramen Noodles...i can not say any of these things for myself.It was as foreign to me as the  country itself.
                  I decided to pay attention to this American Classic only because my husband liked them growing up too and my kids,they love pasta and cheese,so what better way there is then Mac and Cheese..But it didn't come easy to me.Everytime i tried to make the white sauce,milk curdled and everything ended up in garbage.I almost came to the conclusion that i can not make decent mac and cheese from scratch and hardly ever made them...thats when i found this great recipe on pinterest.Easiest and full proof ..
 Since it is one of the kids favotire recipe,i decided to make it for Superbowl party with family.I added bacon to it.I don't eat bacon but i know many bacon fanatics.It adds that salty,toasty,crispy texture to the dish and as the saying goes,it makes all things good !So this  is the  Mac & Cheese Recipe i followed.

I did very little minor tweaks. 
-Of course added bacon to it,to make it little more party worthy !
-Used the combination of Cheddar,Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese
-Added 2.5-3 Tbl of Butter.
-Traditionally it is made with elbow shaped Marconi pasta,so the name  but you can make it with different shaped pasta Ziti,Gemilli, Rotini,Rigatoni, Fusilli,the kind which looks more closely related then far distant cousins.You can name it based on pasta you used !

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment