Verse of the week

"For whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."- 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Balsamic Chicken Drummettes

My vocabulary in meat greatly increased when i came to US.Growing up in India,chicken was not the everyday meal option for us.Rice,lentil and vegetable side dish is what we ate on regular basis.So eating chicken was sort of specialty,may be once in couple week,kind of occurrence.
                 After coming here i realized,that, here meal is not considered complete unless meat is served in the meal.Hmmmm....i thought...I never missed the meat,we had assortment of vegetables served with our meal,cooked differently and i am still the same way.
                  When you buy the chicken in India,you don't have an option to buy it by parts or at least decade ago, where i lived anyway.You get the whole chicken cut up in pieces.So  it was sorta weird in a way to see it being sold part wise here in US.I liked that you had the choice and so many options to cook it with.Thats  how  i got to know about  Drummettes.Because of the small size of it as well as being able to hold it with your hand and eat ,its considered perfect finger food during parties..particularly Superbowl party is not complete without Chicken Wings.I prefer Drummettes over wings because for one,they are less messy to eat.Two,they are meatier then wings.

This recipe is again a result of me being cooking show junkie. This  is where i got the Balsamic Chicken Drummettes recipe . I did minor tweaks to it.



-I reduced the amount of honey and brown sugar to 1/4 cup.I felt it would be too sweet otherwise for our taste.
-I did not add Rosemary.I find it  overpowering  the dish ,based on past experience.
-I didn't sprinkle with seasame seeds.
-I did not add parsely.


Despite of the tweaks it turned out to be tasty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment