Verse of the week

"For whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."- 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Roasted Chicken Quarters

I wasn't really in a mood to stand by the stove and cook ,so i thought of making something which takes less effort in my part.Rice was out,since we had it night before.I thought cornbread would be good and to go with that Roasted Chicken leg quarters,i had sitting in my fridge.Served with BBQ sauce..You would see how part of the story changes as the evening progresses.So this is what went in my Roasted Chicken Quarters.
  • 3 Chicken Leg Quarters
  • Handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt to season the Chicken
  • 1.5 Tbl Coriander seed
  • 1 tsp White Peppercorns
  • 1 tsp Fennel seeds
  • 1 Tbl Sweet Hungarian Paprika
Grind all the spices and mix it with chopped cilantro leaves,oil and salt.Poke the chicken quarters and stuff the spice mixture under the skin and every nook and corner of the chicken generously.Set the oven to 425F and bake it for 20 mins until the skin is browned.Turn the temperature down to 375F,cover it with Aluminum foil and cook for another 30-40 mins i guess.When the skin is pulling off from the chicken legs,its done.Let it rest and then serve.


I told you, story will change as  the evening progresses.I decided not to make cornbread after all.Measuring and putting it all together felt too much work at that hour.So served it  with Flour Tortilla ('Roti' in Hindi) and side dish of thinly sliced sauted  potatoes instead.Gladly it was well liked by my husband and kiddos.Always a winner in my book !
Side Notes
-You can substitute the White Peppercorns with black,reduce the amount may be little.Its more pungent and peppery then its  milder and mellower counterpart,white Peppercorns.
-I would have loved to add juice of 1/4 to half lemon but was out of it.
-You can use totally different cut of meat and lather the chicken with spices early in the day and let it dry marinade in refrigerator.Taste will be deeper and sharper.I always decide in the last minute,not much of a planner,can you tell?





No comments:

Post a Comment

comment