Verse of the week

"For whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."- 1 Corinthians 10:31

Thursday, February 9, 2012

BBQ Chicken Drummettes

If you have watched Superbowl,there is outrageous  amount of food involved.Also you may have noticed there are some food which are associated with watching football.Chicken wings are obiviousely one of them,if you haven't guessed it yet.And its not just one variety.
You will usually see assortment of chicken wings,flavored with different types of sauces,devoured during these parties.Some are fried and then soaked with sauces.Some are grilled and basted with sauces during grilling and there are some like me who bake the chicken only because its the easiest  and it does not require me standing by the stove.So thats what i was trying to do for our superbowl party..I had made Balsamic Chicken Drummettes and now i wanted to make a BBQ flavored one.Again,i wasn't making 'wings' technically,i was making meatier part of it ,sold as 'Drummettes'.
Food network once again came to help.I loosely based  my BBQ Chicken Drummettes on this  Recipe 
-I used the BBQ sauce i had in hand and used 1/2 cup instead of 1/4.
-I omitted orange zest because i wasn't sure about the fruity fragrance.
-I was out of hot sauce,So i substituted it with Sambal Olek,i had in my refrigerator .Its a Thai Chili paste.
-I was out of Dijon mustard,so i squirted the regular yellow mustard a tablespoon or so.


Result was still fabulous despite of all the tweaks !!



No comments:

Post a Comment

comment