Verse of the week

"For whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."- 1 Corinthians 10:31

Monday, February 6, 2012

Fruit Salsa with Bunuelos

Fruit Salsa also happens to be another snack item which i had a chance to taste at Ladies Fellowship.My friend Emily had brought it.I tasted  it and i liked it but didn't had the chance to make it.To me Fruit salsa is also a good way to eat fruits which i do not like by itself.Apple,Pear,Grapes etc also happen to be  those category of  fruits.I know crazy.
            With Superbowl approaching, i thought this would be nice little sweet appetizer to go along.I googled and came across this Fruit Salsa Tips. I based my fruit salsa using the tips here.I selected the hardy fruits,which doesn't get mushy  as it sits for couple of hours.This is what i added in mine.
  • 1 Apple
  • 2 Pears
  • 1/2 of Medium size Pineapple 
  • 2 Plums
  • 8-10 Medium Size Strawberry
  • 1/2 Lime Juice
  • 1 Tbl-1.5 Tbl Honey
  • 1-2 Tbl Powder Sugar 
Wash and cut all the fruits in very tiny size pieces.I peeled the pears before i chopped it.Drizzle it  with honey and powder sugar.I just eyeballed it and tasted it to make sure its right.Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hrs.Serve it with Bunuelos.
Side Notes :
-Bunuelos (Boo-Noo-Ye-lows) are corn Tortilla Fried and sprinkled with Cinnamon and regular Sugar.Its Tex Mex dessert in itself.Its very crispy and crunchy.You are bound to have sugar all over you when you are eating them,just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment